Celebrating 25 years of building better lives
Since 1987, Voices for Illinois Children has worked to improve the lives of children of all ages throughout the state by making sure policymakers understand how children and families are affected by their decisions. We’ve played a leading role in establishing many initiatives and policies in education, health care, and other vital services that have improved the lives of children and their families.
- Passed the After-School and Youth Development Project Act to boost young people’s success in school, at work, and throughout life by strengthening youth development policy
- At the forefront of efforts to establish Preschool for All, providing quality early learning opportunities for all 3- and 4-year-olds
- Championed improved health care access for kids through KidCare and All Kids insurance programs
- Leader of efforts to establish Early Intervention for young children with developmental delays or disabilities
We look forward to a dynamic and productive year in celebration of our 25th anniversary. To join us in our efforts, please sign up for our email alerts, and be on the lookout for updates on 25th anniversary events.
Your contribution is vital to the continued success of our mission; with your continued support, we can help build better lives for children and families for the next 25 years and beyond.
Voices’ 25th Anniversary Celebration
Thursday, June 6, 2013
6:30 to 9 p.m.
1300 South Lakeshore Drive
Join us for our 25th anniversary celebration in honor of individuals, organizations, and corporations that build better lives for Illinois Children.
- PNC Bank, represented by Regional President Joseph Gregoire
- Children’s Home + Aid, represented by President and CEO Nancy Ronquillo
- Harriet Meyer, early childhood visionary leader and past President of the Ounce of Prevention Fund
Master of Ceremonies: Rob Johnson, CBS-2 news anchor